When should I schedule my session?
A.Permitting I have the date available, you can schedule your session any time you want to, even if it's a year in advance! All I require is a down payment to hold your session date.
Where will my session take place?
A.I almost always shoots on location. I am constantly seeking out earthy backgrounds, urban settings and everything in between for future photo shoots. If you have a place in mind, I'd love to hear about it, as well. We'll discuss your session location to make sure it's the perfect fit for your personal style.
Can I bring props?
A.Session props can really make a session pop. I love when clients bring props (even pets)! Incorporating elements you bring helps personalize the photographs. We can discuss these extras and props in the days leading up to your session.
A.Depending on the session you choose, we'll shoot for one or more hours on location. This includes the time it takes to set up my equipment, change outfits and move from one location to another. We'll take a lot of photographs over the course of those hours, some which will become forever favorites proudly displayed in your home. After your session, I'll go through all the photographs taken that day and choose the best ones to edit and perfect. This turnaround time typically takes two weeks. I also post a few sneak peaks on our social media pages to tide you over. I know that waiting can be the worst!
What happens if it rains the day of my shoot?
A.I understand that people get sick and that the weather misbehaves, so I always plan in advance. If you, or someone in your crew, gets sick, we can reschedule for another date. The same is true for rainy days or non-ideal weather. If it's just a little gloomy, we can often still shoot outdoors without a problem. In fact, cloud coverage makes for some gorgeous photographs!
What happens if my child doesn’t cooperate?
A.This is a completely normal fear and I get it. Kids are unpredictable and sometimes a temper tantrum is inevitable. When this happens, I will simply take a little break, allow you to calm your child down by talking/feeding/playing and then take the appropriate steps to easing back into the session. I will never force photos, but sometimes it's better to reschedule. We'll work together to figure everything out. That's a promise!
A.First and foremost, these photographs are all about you. That means they should convey your personality and style preferences. If you're earthy and casual, stick with that. If you prefer glitz and glam, play it up. It's important to be yourself during your session, so wear something that reflects you. Word to the wise: If you wear something you'd typically never put on, you'll probably feel uncomfortable and it will show in your photos.
Make it Pop
A.With that said, you can still amplify your personal style by playing with colors and textures. Find a nice mix of neutral colors and then add a few pops where you can. For example, a bright red shirt underneath a gray cardigan paired with well fitted jeans will stand out. Or try bright colored accessories with your outfit! Don't be afraid to play with texture, either.
Pressed & Polished
A.A few nights before your session, lay out all the clothes you'll wear. Make sure everything is pressed, ironed and clean. It's also a good idea to get a quick manicure (guys, too!), trim, wax or do whatever it is you do to polish up.
A.Feel free to bring multiple accessories to play with throughout your session. I love hats, jewelry, shoes, ties, watches and anything else you can think of. These details can make your session really stand out.
How do you take payments?
A.To book and lock in your session date, I require a 25% down payment. You can do this as far in advance as you like. The remaining 75% must be paid two weeks before your session day. You can pay that 75% in one lump sum or send it in smaller increments over time -- whatever is easiest for you. I accept credit cards, checks and cash.
Can I share the photos on social media?
A.Of course. I love it when people share my photographs. I just ask that you don't crop out my logo or edit/use a filter on them and that you tag me.
Do you do mini sessions?
A.I try to host several mini sessions throughout the year and I'd love to have you sign up for one! I typically do fall mini sessions, which make for great holiday greeting cards. Stay up to date by "following" me on Facebook, and Instagram.
Do you offer payment plans?
A.I understand that photographs are an investment and paying in one lump sum isn't always ideal. My payment plans are most popular with my wedding packages, but I offer them for all my sessions. I prefer a weekly or monthly payment plan, but we can work together to devise a plan that works perfectly for you.
Do you give discounts for referrals?
A.I do! If you send a client our way and they book a session, I'll provide you with either a $25 print credit or 25% off your next session, excluding mini sessions.